Calling Delhi the culinary capital of India would not be exaggerating by any means. Indian food has a lot of variety. It is unlike any other cuisine in the world. Given that a huge population of Delhi consists of people from other parts of the country, and even the world, it comes as no surprise that the food scene in the city is delectable. Delhi is a paradise for all the foodies out there. With great diversity and a variety of cuisines, booking your flights to Delhi is the perfect way to explore the food scene in the city.
Once you have booked your flights to New Delhi and are headed to your destination, you get the opportunity to taste the most delectable flavors. But, Delhi is a big city with way too many options for one person to choose from. So, it is incredibly easy for you to get lost in the maze and miss out on some truly amazing food joints in the city. That is why we are here to make things easier for you. Here we have created a list of some of the best places that you need to try out. You cannot afford to miss any one of these restaurants when you book your flights to Delhi.
- Indian Accent: Start your food journey with this mind-blowing fusion restaurant when you book your flights to Delhi. Boasting locations in major cities like New York and London, Indian Accent is the perfect place to treat your taste buds with some sophisticated Indian flavors blended with Western ingredients. With a carefully curated menu by chef Manish Mehrotra, Indian Accent offers some incredible dishes like blue cheese naan and chicken tikka meatballs. The best thing on the menu is definitely the six-course tasting meal that comes paired with an incredible wine selection. This restaurant is classy and offers the finest Indian food that you can possibly imagine.
- Karim’s: Once you step out of the upmarket neighborhoods of New Delhi, there is much to be enjoyed in the streets of Purani Dilli. Karim’s is definitely one of the best spots in the city if you are looking to taste the authentic flavors of Mughlai cuisine. Offering some of the most delicious brain curry and mutton bara, this iconic food joint is still housed in the old historical structure where it once began. This place is located right next to the Jama Masjid, and it is a great place to eat when you visit the beautiful mosque in Delhi.
- Bukhara: Bukhara is hands down the best place to enjoy the best Indian cuisine in Delhi. This rustic restaurant serves some of the most delectable malai kebabs and other delicacies. This popular spot is always full, given its popularity and the quality of food served. So, any time you divide to visit, do not forget to make reservations in advance to ensure that you get in without a hitch. This stylish restaurant serves authentic Indian food that you have to have whenever you book your flights to New Delhi.
- Wasabi by Morimoto: Didn’t think you could enjoy Japanese food in Delhi? Think again. This stunning restaurant located at the Taj Mahal Hotel is an absolute gem. Headed by an ex-Nobu chef, Masaharu Morimoto, this incredible restaurant serves some of the best sushi and teppanyaki grill dishes in the city. You can enjoy an authentic Japanese food experience here. The menu also includes a list of some of the best Japanese whiskey that you can club with the mouth-watering food served here. This restaurant will provide you with brilliant Japanese cuisine in the heart of India.
- Olive Bar & Kitchen: Want to enjoy a delicious brunch with your family or friends? Head over to Olive Bar & Kitchen for an unmistakable European vibe. The restaurant offers an open-air courtyard that gives you a Bohemian vibe. The restaurant is located amidst some wonderful boutiques, and you can enjoy a comforting meal here after a shopping street. The restaurant is owned by celebrity chef Sujan Sarkar, and the food here will blow your mind. This is the perfect spot for a nice brunch date in the city.
- Artusi Ristorante: Who said you couldn’t taste Italian flavors in Delhi? The variety of food in Delhi is mind-boggling and Artusi Ristorante is an example of that. Located in the popular Greater Kailash neighborhood, this Italian food joint is a marvelous spot to send your taste buds into overdrive. Hailing from Northeastern Italy, the owners of this restaurant offer you the most authentic Italian flavors that you can possibly imagine. The menu is curated, keeping every detail in mind. The handmade pasta offered here is definitely the highlight of the menu and must be tried. If you are looking to indulge in some Italian cuisine, then this is the perfect place for you.
- Bo Tai: Last but surely not least on this list of fantastic restaurants, is a fairly newer spot in the city. Bo Tai is an experimental restaurant in the city that serves yummy Thai food. This restaurant has recently gained popularity for its quirky and delicious meals. The tamarind crab cakes and other such experimental dishes make up for a superb menu. This trendy spot is frequented by youngsters and old people alike. Apart from the fantastic food, this restaurant also boasts of a fabulous location. Located on a rooftop and offering some spectacular views, Bo Tai needs to be on the list of restaurants that you need to check out anytime you book your flights to India.
Once you have this list of restaurants with you, there is a good chance that you would want to stay back in Delhi. The complexity of flavors and a variety of spices in the food here is something to die for. Everything from North Indian to South Indian to Western and Asian fusion is available in this city. Anytime you book your flights to New Delhi, get ready to taste some of the most mouth-watering food that you can imagine.